Veterans who want to apply for an ID card must first sign up for an account on VA.gov and select the option to ″Apply for a Printed Veteran ID Card.″ Alternatively, veterans can join up for an account through AccessVA.
How do I get a military ID card in the US?
- If this is the case, then the state where you live should be able to issue you an identification card.
- For further information, please contact the Department of Motor Vehicles or the licensing bureau in your state.
- It is highly recommended that you bring over your DD Form 214 in order to demonstrate that you served in the military.
- Veterans identification card programs offered by states and counties.
- Veteran identification cards are issued by several counties and other towns.
How do I get a veteran health identification card?
- To begin, you will have to sign up for health care via the VA.
- Find out how to apply for health care via the VA if you are not already enrolled in the program if you are a veteran.
- Make a call to the VA medical center that is most convenient for you and ask to talk with the enrollment coordinator.
- Inquire with the coordinator about getting assistance in setting up an appointment to have your photo taken for the new Veteran Health Identification Card.
What kind of iD do you need to be a veteran?
1 Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC), or 2 Department of Defense Identification Card — either a Common Access Card (CAC) or a Uniformed Services ID Card, or 3 State-issued ID with a Veteran designation (such as a driver’s license or state ID card), or a state-issued Veteran ID Card.
Do I need a Virginia ID card to apply for VA benefits?
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) advises veterans that they do not have to apply for a Veteran Identification Card (VIC) if they hold one of the following types of military identification, a Veteran Identification Card, or another official evidence of service: If you already possess any of the aforementioned credentials, you do not need a VIC, although you are free to submit an application for one if you so want.